October 9th, 2007
October 09, 2007
The meeting convened on the 9th of October, 2007 at 6:00 PM in the Board of Supervisor’s meeting room on the first floor of the court house, Sioux City, Iowa. Present were the following Commission members – Vice-Chairman Christine Zellmer Zant, Dwight Rorholm, and Arvin Nelson. David McWilliams notified Planning and Zoning he would be late and arrived at 6:10 PM. Chairman Grady Marx notified the Office of Planning and Zoning he would not be at the meeting and Vice-Chairman Zellmer Zant chaired the meeting. Present from the zoning staff: John Pylelo and Peggy Napier. Consultant Riley Simpson was also present.
The first agenda item was approval of the Zoning Commission minutes of September 24, 2007.
Ms. Nelson made a motion to approve the September 24th, 2007 minutes; Mr. McWilliams seconded the motion; Mr. Rorholm was not at the September 24th meeting and abstained; Motion carried 3-0
The fourth agenda item was Any Citizen wishing to be heard before the Commission.
There were no citizens present who wished to be heard.
The fourth agenda item was Work Session Re: Woodbury County Zoning/Subdivision Ordinances and Zoning District Mapping.
Mr. Simpson ended the previous work session on page 43 of the ordinances. This session discussed General Regulations (Sec.4: 04), or stand-alone, one-time statements such as the following:
• Second residential dwelling (grandpa house); CUP requirement
• Flag Lots; discourage creation of; Paving Agreements for access to; Mr. Rorholm asked how they were assessed
Mr. McWilliams asked for a recess. Vice Chair Zellmer Zant recessed at 7:10 PM and reconvened at 7:20 PM.
• Add airport hazard regulations
• Height restriction regulations for private vs. commercial airplanes
• Flight hazard map for areas south and east of the airport
Section 4: 11
• Statement regarding single family detached dwelling; Mr. Pylelo agreed to find mission sentence to statement.
• Discussion: Home Occupations:
o non-resident employees parking on premises
o signs: what size
Miss Zellmer Zant asked that the Iowa State Code regarding Ag Preservation be put on the agenda for the next Zoning Commission meeting.
Mr. McWilliams made a motion to adjourn; seconded by Mr. Rorholm; approved.
Meeting adjourned 9:08 PM
Next meeting on Tuesday, October 22 at 6 PM.