Woodbury County Courthouse
620 Douglas St.
Sioux City, IA 51101
Board of Supervisors
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
|Meeting May 22, 2012|
MAY 22, 2012 — THIRTEENTH MEETING OF THE WOODBURY COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
The Board of Supervisors met on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Board members present were Monson, Tripp, Boykin, Clausen, and Smith. Staff members present were Karen James, Board Administrative Coordinator, Joshua Widman, Assistant County Attorney, and Patrick F. Gill, Auditor/Clerk to the Board.
Motion by Boykin second by Tripp to go into closed session per Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(c). Carried 5-0 on a roll-call vote.
Motion by Boykin second by Monson to go out of closed session per Iowa Code Section 21.5(1)(c). Carried 5-0 on a roll-call vote.
The meeting was called to order.
Motion by Tripp second by Boykin to approve the minutes of the 05/15/2012 Board meeting. Carried 5-0. Copy filed.
The Board approved the appointment of Jacklyn Fox, Asst. County Attorney, County Attorney Dept., effective 05-23-12, $50,347/year. Job Vacancy Posted: 03-14-12. Entry Level Salary: $50,347/year. Copy filed.
The Board approved the appointment of Cole Hancock, Temporary Summer Laborer, Secondary Roads Dept., effective 05-23-12, $8.00/hour. Not to exceed 120 days. Copy filed.
The Board approved the appointment of Mark Rippke, Temporary Summer Laborer, Secondary Roads Dept., effective 05-23-12, $8.00/hour. Not to exceed 120 days. Copy filed.
The Board approved the separation of Robert Neustrom, Equipment Operator, Secondary Roads Dept., effective 06-22-12. Retirement. Copy filed.
The Board approved the separation of Robert Aspleaf, Second Deputy, County Sheriff Dept., effective 06-22-12. Retirement. Copy filed.
Motion by Boykin second by Monson to approve and authorize the Chairperson to sign a Resolution approving a petition for suspension of taxes for Lisa Remba, 6534 Morningside Ave. and 6700 Morningside Ave., Sioux City, parcel #884709129005 and #884709129002. Carried 5-0.
WOODBURY COUNTY, IOWA
WHEREAS, Lisa Remba is the titleholder of property located at 6534 Morningside Ave. and 6700 Morningside Ave., Sioux City, Woodbury County, Iowa, and legally described as follows:
Lots 185, 186, 187 and Par Vacant NW/SE Alley on East Being 42 Feet South of Lilac Lane to a part on West Line Alley Being 86.33 Feet South of Lilac Lane Abutting Lot 39 on West & Lot 185, Lot 186 & lot 187 on East, Fairfax Addition, City of Sioux City, Woodbury County, Iowa
Lot 184 Fairfax Addition, City of Sioux City, Woodbury County, Iowa
WHEREAS, Lisa Remba is the titleholder of the aforementioned property have petitioned the Board of Supervisors for a suspension of taxes pursuant to the 2009 Iowa Code section 427.9, and
WHEREAS, the Board of Supervisors recognizes from documents provided that the petitioner is unable to provide to the public revenue; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Woodbury County Board of Supervisors hereby grants the request for a suspension of taxes, and hereby directs the Woodbury County Treasurer to so record the approval of this tax suspension for this property.
SO RESOLVED this 22nd day of May, 2012.
Motion by Clausen second by Monson to receive appointment of Jake Muecke, 411 West St., Pierson, to the City of Pierson City Council. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Tripp second by Monson to receive the County Auditor’s Quarterly Report. Carried 5-0. Copy filed.
Motion by Monson second by Boykin to approve recommendation to Contract with Plains Boiler for replacement of Second Boiler in Courthouse. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Tripp second by Clausen to approve recommendation to Contract with Speedy Rooter for 500 Gallon Hot Water Storage on Law Enforcement Center Building roof. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Boykin second by to Clausen approve recommendation to Contract with C. W. Suter for Kitchen Air Conditioning at Prairie Hills Facility. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Monson second by Boykin to postpone action for one week on Fireproofing Roof in Sub-Basement of Courthouse, Carpeting as a Group the Clerk of Courts Office in LEC, Jail Administration, Motor Vehicle Area, Second Floor Juvenile Court/Courtrooms, Juvenile Court Services Area, and Juvenile Court Classroom in Trosper-Hoyt. and to Weather Strip Domes in Entrances of LEC. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Monson second by Boykin to receive and refer for review for recommendation to Mark Elgert on the New Air Handler in Motor Vehicle Area. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Monson second by Boykin to approve the Material Supply Contract for 2013 Corrugated Metal Pipe bid to Contech Engineered Solutions. Carried 5-0. Copy filed.
Motion by Boykin second by Clausen to approve and authorize the Chairman to sign a Right-of-Way for Overhead and/or Buried Utilities Permit for Schaller Telephone Company, per Recommendation of County Engineer Mark Nahra. Carried 5-0. Copy filed.
Motion by Monson second by Boykin to approve and authorize the Chairperson to sign a Resolution Approving the Revised Investing in Woodbury County Loan Program. Carried 5-0.
WOODBURY COUNTY, IOWA
2. Woodbury County will provide up to $1M in low-interest loans to start, expand, or benefit a business in rural Woodbury County (“rural Woodbury County” includes all areas of Woodbury County, except Sioux City). The low-interest loans may also be applied to advance or support economic development programs established by Woodbury County. The target interest rate of said loans will be two percent (2%).
3. There will be three different classes of loans made under the program:
a. A pool of $500,000 is established for the following classification of loans:
b. A pool of $500,000 is established for the following classification of loans:
4. A loan under the Investing in Woodbury County Loan Program may be made after consideration of certain factors, including, but not limited to, the number of jobs created, the adequacy of security provided (when required), the amount of increased tax base from the project, or the extent to which the loan supports an economic development program established by Woodbury County.
5. The Siouxland Economic Development Corporation (SEDC), or approved successor, will provide the administrative services of this loan program.
6. Woodbury County Department of Rural Economic Development will make the initial judgment as to whether a specific application for loan meets the basic requirements of the program (i.e., adds jobs, adds to tax base, adequacy of loan security, credit risks, provides a sound business plan). If a specific application meets the general requirements, then Woodbury County will charge the applicant a fee for having SEDC further review the application and, if the loan is recommended, formalize the loan documents. SEDC will recommend to county only loans that SEDC believe to be viable.
7. The Woodbury County Board of Supervisors must approve each loan before the loan can be made to the citizen borrower.
8. The term of the loan to the citizen will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
9. The costs associated with administering the “Investing in Woodbury County Loan Program” will be covered from fees paid by loan applicant and fees added to loan amounts for general administration anticipated to service the loan, if any, once approved. The funding of loans under the program will be from the General Fund, or from a Loan Account Fund, established by the Board of Supervisors prior to September 1, 2010.
10. An applicant for a loan under the “Investing in Woodbury County Loan Program” need not be a resident of Woodbury County; however, the business either started or expanded must be located in rural Woodbury County.
11. The loan program will considered to be in effect retroactive as of September 1, 2010. This specific application process, as well as objective criteria for making loans established under this resolution, will be posted on the www.woodburyiowa.com website on May 31, 2012.
SO RESOLVED this 22 day of May 2012.
Motion by Monson second by Boykin to approve making an Iowa Energy Bank Revolving Loan Pre-Application. Carried 5-0.
Motion by Tripp second by Monson to set June 19, 2012 for County Employee Appreciation Day. Carried 5-0.
The Chairperson asked if there were any individuals or groups wishing to make a presentation of items not on the agenda, or Supervisors concerns.
Motion by Tripp second by Boykin to postpone for one week for the Tour of Social Services: Courthouse Basement, 5th Floor of the Courthouse and the County Building on Tri-View Ave. Carried 5-0.
The Board adjourned the regular meeting until May 29, 2012.
|You can pay your taxes, view Sheriff Sale and Tax Sale property, search for tax statements, photography, assessed values, County and Sioux City interactive GIS maps and more for every piece of real estate in Woodbury County. The County Auditor, Treasurer, Sioux City and Woodbury County Assessors have collaborated to give you the following information.|