January 27, 2013 Budget Discussion
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013, the Board of Supervisors held the fourth of four departmental hearings dealing with the FY 2013-14 County budget. The following are the results of Tuesday’s budget discussions:
- Sheriff’s budget: Uniform Patrol was reduced by $36,264,
- Correctional Facility (LEC) was reduced by $65,789
- Correctional Facility (Prairie Hills) was increased by $20,000
- Court Security was reduced by $2,000
- Administration was increased by $13,000
- Total reduction of $71,053
- Juvenile Services: Juvenile Detention was reduced by $60,000
- First Tee Program was not reduced with the stipulation that
- participation by other government entities was needed to keep the
- program alive.
Youth guidance Services was reduced by $200,000. Included in this reduction were care and keep at Toledo and child care.
Building Services CIP was reduced by $75,000 which included security renovations. It was decided to look at overall security measures at the Courthouse, LEC and Trosper Hoyt
- Mental Health was reduced by $650,665. Reductions were done as follows:
- Two full time employees reduced by $180,000
- Friendship House support reduced by $191,865
- Mental Health Court reduced by $250,000
- School Outreach reduced by $28,800
All of the results of Tuesday’s action totaled a reduction of $1,056,720.